AFT-Wisconsin's "Victory Laps" provide short summaries of AFT-Wisconsin success stories, to provide inspiration and awareness to our locals and beyond, and for locals' use in organizing.
Click on the links below to download a PDF:
- The Higher Education Council’s “Fund the Freeze” campaign, promoting legislative funding for the UW tuition freeze — a coordinated and ongoing campaign since 2016 that has most recently been adopted as part of Governor Evers’ 2021 Badger Bounceback Budget.
- Ashland teachers winning a First Book grant to donate 800 books to their students, and then effectively distributing them to their students across the city and in the nearby Bad River Reservation.
- Butternut Federation of Teachers President Laurie Fox distributing 2000 yard signs in often-neglected rural areas for the Biden campaign in 2018.
- Eau Claire Classified Staff Federation wins reclassification and a pay bump for Special Education Assistants.
- AFT Local 243 at Madison College prevents a cosmetology instructor member from being unjustly nonrenewed.