Executive Assistant (Hybrid)
Job Summary: AFT-Wisconsin is a labor organization comprised of members in the state public PK-12 school system, the Wisconsin Technical College System, numerous state agencies, and the University of Wisconsin System. Executive Assistant will provide high level administrative operations, performing full range of administrative duties. Executive Assistant is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and security of financials and member data.
Accounting - Maintains daily financials on Quickbooks
- Ensures accurate accounting and financial records
- Maintains accurate files relating to all aspects of the accounting functions
- Processes employee expenses and bills, through bill.com
- Completes monthly financial reports, cost analysis and projections, generate financial forecasts, assists with preparation necessary reports
- Assists in audit preparation
Data Management - Maintain daily changes to database
- Manage multiple databases all pertaining to membership
- Work collaboratively with team members to update and use data in daily work
- Identify errors or inconsistently in data and address
HR/Payroll - Performs work that requires access to sensitive employee and personal information, including:
- Assists with onboarding and off-boarding processes.
- Maintains accurate employment records, as well as insurance and pay records for all employees
- Maintains accurate records and informs employees about the benefits and related options available to them Administrative – internal operations
- Responsible for general phone calls, emails, USPS mail correspondence
- Create and maintain filing system for both hard copy and e-files
- Assist president, executive board, and staff in membership and programming
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent secretarial and computer skills including proficient knowledge of database and spreadsheet software, especially Quickbooks and Microsoft Office 365, and other online programs, some proprietary to AFT
- Strong analytical skills, able to summarize and present data in a useful and effective format.
- Able to effectively manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively
- Ability to prioritize and promptly manage multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Initiative to work independently
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High ethical standards and respect for confidentiality
- Experience with non-profit, elected leadership, executive board is preferred
- Previous union membership strongly preferred
- Ability to exercise discretion, sound political judgment regarding highly sensitive issues
- After training, able to communicate the function of AFT-Wisconsin to both the internal and external labor movement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is preferred
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
Starting annual salary range of $50,000-$60,000 with strong benefit package.
This is mostly a remote position but employee must live within 100 miles of the Wisconsin border and must be able to travel within the state as needed. All AFT-Wisconsin employees must provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination and valid driver’s license.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
John Yaggi, Chief of Staff
Review of applications will begin immediately with hire data as soon as possible.
AFT-Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.